Heritage Square Historical Society warmly welcomes women who are interested in being a part of helping to maintain and preserve this beautiful, historical gem in the heart of Fayetteville. Heritage Square is the largest and second oldest (according to research) historical property in Fayetteville, consisting of three very different buildings. Members can contribute through dues, helping with fundraisers, serving on committees, and a variety of other opportunities.
- Active Members – These members will receive the directory, the monthly newsletter and must attend most of the general monthly meetings.
- Participate in at least one fundraiser.
- Participate on at least one committee.
- Purchase at least ten (10) tickets to the Christmas Tour of Homes or one of the other major fundraisers. They may sell the tickets or give as gifts.
- Sustaining Members – Any member who completes at least ten (10) years of service may change their membership to Sustaining status. These members will receive newsletters and directories and can attend meetings, but are not required to serve on committees or fundraisers. They may choose to participate in any Club activities in which they have an interest. Sustaining members do vote.
- Friends of Heritage Square – These members are supportive of Heritage Square by paying the current dues, but do not receive newsletters or directories. These members do not wish to participate in any Club activities. Friends are both Ladies and Gentlemen and do not vote.
Steps in becoming a member of Heritage Square Historical Society:
- A prospective member attends at least one general meeting as a guest of a member.
- A membership application must be completed and signed by the prospective member and two Active members.
- The completed application is given to the Chairman of the Membership Committee.
- The Membership Chairman meets with the perspective member to answer any questions regarding the organization. Membership dues are paid at this meeting.
- The new member is introduced at the next monthly meeting.